Theatre Nova Scotia
DramaFest Coordinator Job Posting
Theatre Nova Scotia is accepting applications for an event coordinator for the 2019 Nova Scotia High School Drama Festival.
The NS High School Drama Festival is an annual, non-competitive festival which runs for 3 days each May. It provides an opportunity for high school students and teachers to develop their talents through workshops taught by professionals. They also have the opportunity to share ideas and experiences with students from all across Nova Scotia, and showcase their own plays in a professional environment to a wide audience of their peers.
The event coordinator will look after all aspects of the festival including:
- Developing a concept for the year’s festival
- Promoting the festival to educators and students
- Ensuring registration targets
- Selecting, managing and directing the team
- Working within the budget for the event
- Representing DramaFest within the community
- Engaging and supervising [university] student assistants
- Liaising with and ensuring all venue logistics are fully managed
- Keeping and providing all records of work relating to DramaFest
The coordinator will report to Theatre Nova Scotia’s Executive Director and work cooperatively with the TNS administration in organizing the event.
This is an annual contract position. This position requires the coordinator to be available full time through April and the first half of May as well as part-time September through March.
If you are interested please address the following questions and return it to the TNS office along with a resume by April 24, 2018.
- How does your theatre background provide you with experience to coordinate this festival?
- What experience do you have in drama education?
- What communication, administrative and management experience do you bring to this role?
Please send your submission to TNS Executive Director, Nancy Morgan: by email: nmorgan[at]theatrens.ca or by mail: address below
If you have any questions, please contact the TNS office. Tel: 902-425-3876
Theatre Nova Scotia, 1113 Marginal Rd., Halifax, NS B3H 4P7 Fax: 902-422-0881Date/Time: April 10, 2018 - April 24, 2018 - All Day