Who May Submit an Event?
Permission to post in the TNS Event Calendar is reserved for members in good standing of Theatre Nova Scotia. For more information on membership benefits, please click here.
Individual and Student members of Theatre Nova Scotia may not mention a company or organization name or link to a company or organization website in a submission. This is reserved for Professional Theatre, Community Theatre, Affiliate and Ad Hoc members only.
Event Name: This is the title of your event. Do not include the company or organization name or other credits, such as “presented by”, “written by” or “directed by” unless contractually obligated to do so. More details may be added later on.
What is a recurring event? Examples: A production with multiple performances over a period of time.
If your event is recurring, check “This is a recurring event”. Separate submissions are required for performances with different start times (one submission for evenings, another submission for matinees). This can be done quickly by copying and pasting the same description information for the second submission.
- Enter the start date and the end date (example: Oct 14, 2015 to Nov 4, 2015)
- Enter the start time and the end time (example: 7:30pm to 9:30pm)
- This event repeats: choose WEEKLY in the drop down menu and the days of the week will automatically appear
- Check the appropriate days (example: Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat)
- Do not enter anything in the field “Each event spans __ days.” It is important to leave this blank so that your recurring event will appear properly on the calendar. (A zero may appear in this field. That is OK.)
What is a non-recurring event? Examples: A one-time only performance, a fundraiser, a meeting/AGM a job/volunteer opportunity, a call for submissions, a workshop, auditions.
Do not check “this is a recurring event”, if your event has only one occurrence on one day, or if it is an all-day event that lasts over multiple days.
Single day event:
- Enter the start date and end date (the same date for both).
- Enter the start time and end time.
Multi-day, non-recurring event:
- Enter the start date (ex: deadline date for submissions, first day of auditions, first day of workshop) and end date (deadline date for submissions, last day of workshop, last day of auditions).
- Instead of start and end time, check “All day”.
Check “This event does not have a physical location.” for calls for submissions. Locations are listed in the drop-down menu. If your location does not appear, list it in the details section, which is next.
This is where you can describe the event in detail, including all production credits and the company and organization name, if applicable. You may also add a picture and change the formatting using the toolbar at the top of the text box. It is also a good idea to include a link to the company or organization website and to include information on ticketing, if applicable.
TNS recommends the following format:
- Name of the producing or presenting company
- Playwright, director (if appropriate to your organization)
- A brief description (not a press release, but a short description that you might include in a season brochure)
- Ticket prices
- Ticket purchase options (including website details)
- Opening and closing dates
- Evening and matinee times, PWYC date, etc
- Your general website page
- Location name and full address if not listed in drop down menu
COPY THIS TEXT before pressing submit. This way, you may reuse it if submitting the same event at a matinee time.
“Productions” is reserved for theatre productions only. If your event is not a play or staged production, please select one of the other categories. Do not select multiple categories.
This is where you can select the main image for your event, which will appear at the top of the listing, such as a poster or logo. It is a good idea to include this, since you are marketing your event to the public through our calendar.
Check your event carefully for errors and click “Submit Event” only once.
OnStage Online Weekly Newsletter
Events that are approved for the TNS Events Calendar are automatically included in the next edition of the email newsletter, OnStage Online, which is sent every Tuesday. Therefore, if you would like your event to appear in both the TNS Events Calendar and OnStage Online, you only need to submit to the TNS Events Calendar. If you would like an event or announcement to appear ONLY in OnStage Online, please send the information as you would like it to appear to theatrens[at]theatrens.ca. Upcoming events in OnStage Online include productions appearing in the calendar for the following 4 weeks.
Where Is My Event?
Permission to post in the TNS Event Calendar is reserved for members in good standing of Theatre Nova Scotia. Please ensure your membership is current before submitting to the TNS event calendar.
Submissions do not automatically appear on the calendar.
After submitting, please allow 1-2 business days for your event to be reviewed by a staff member and posted to the TNS Events Calendar.
Events that are approved for the TNS Events Calendar are automatically included in the next edition of the email newsletter, OnStage Online, which is sent every Tuesday. Upcoming events in OnStage Online include productions appearing in the calendar for the following 4 weeks.
If you do not see your event on the calendar after 2 business days, please contact the office at theatrens[at]theatrens.ca or 902-425-3876.
If TNS has to make corrections to events submitted, it may be longer before your event appears in the calendar.
Editing or Removing an Event
Please contact the office detailing the event you would like removed or with the changes you would like made to an event. You may not change an event yourself once it is submitted to the calendar, so please read over each submission carefully.
If you have questions or need help submitting to the TNS Online Events Calendar, please email theatrens[at]theatrens.ca or phone 902-425-3876.