Summer Theatre & Dance Assistance Program
August 15 – August 31, 2022: Applicants notified of program acceptance
October 15, 2022: Deadline for Participant Reports
December 2022: Funding amounts confirmed, and funds distributed
Program Overview :
The Live Performance Sector has been hard hit by the pandemic. A significant challenge with scheduling professional live theatre and dance productions for Summer 2022 is the potential of cancellation because of a COVID illness among the cast and crew.
The Summer Theatre & Dance Assistance Program is available to eligible not-for-profit Nova Scotia professional summer theatre and dance companies to help offset production costs for shows cancelled because of COVID-19 illness affecting the cast and crew members.
This program is funded by the Province of Nova through Support4Culture, made possible through the Nova Scotia Gaming Corporation, and is administered by Theatre Nova Scotia. The total funding envelope for this program is $160,000.
Guidelines & Eligibility :
- Professional summer theatre and dance companies must apply to participate in the program no later than July 31, 2022.
- Eligible productions must have a minimum of a 3-day run, be produced by a not-for-profit Nova Scotia professional theatre or dance company, and be a member in good standing of either Theatre Nova Scotia or Dance Nova Scotia. Arts Presenters are NOT eligible under this grant.
- Applications must include complete production budgets and production schedules.
- Program participants must send a report upon the season/production's close, clearly indicating dates of performance cancellations due to COVID within the cast/crew, how access to this program supported their activities, and actual financials showing their end-of-season position. Reports must be received by Theatre Nova Scotia no later than October 15, 2022.
- The grant will offset cancelled productions at a flat rate of $1,500 per show per day, to a maximum of up to $25,000 per applicant. The grant will apply to cancelled shows due to COVID within the cast/crew only.
- The eligibility period to offset losses is June 15, 2022, through September 15, 2022.
- Funding requests may exceed our available resources. Applying does not guarantee that your project will be approved or that the requested amount will be awarded.
- Successful applicants to programs are required to acknowledge the financial assistance of the Province of Nova Scotia, Support4Culture, and Theatre Nova Scotia.
The Canada Council for the Arts is Canada's National Arts Funder. They fund Canadian artists and arts organizations!
Arts Nova Scotia
Arts Nova Scotia is the provincial funding agency that provides support to professional artists and arts organizations, arts education programs and a number of arts awards and prizes.
Specialized Funding Opportunities:
Did we miss a listing that should be included? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org